Dear UFCT Local 1460 Voting Member,
On May 2nd, the Union Negotiating Team closed negotiations with the Pratt Administration!
The signed “Memorandum of Understanding” (or MOU), which outlines changes to our Collective Bargaining Agreement, is below for you to review. Additionally, there is an “explanation” PDF of the MOU with short blurbs explaining the changes.
There will be four, two-hour meetings for members to learn about the new MOU. They will be
- Tuesday, May 31, from 10am-noon, in the Alumni Reading Room
- Wednesday, June 1, from 10am-noon, in the Alumni Reading Room
- Thursday, June 2, from 10am-noon, in the Alumni Reading Room
- Friday, June 3, from 10am-noon, in Library MMB (lower level, behind the desk to the right).
Additionally, for anyone unable to attend any of these sessions; yet have questions… please feel free to call the union office and leave a voicemail 718-636-3614 and someone from the negotiating team will get back to you ASAP (don’t forget to leave a return phone number).
Shortly after the review sessions, the Elections Committee will run a “ratification vote” for this MOU. All members will be asked to vote on this MOU.
Stay tuned, and we hope to see you at one of the meetings!
From: Kye Carbone
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Dear UFCT Dues Paying Member,
As we come to the close of the ’15-’16 AY, the UFCT can confidently announce we are looking at a new five-year Contract with the Pratt Administration!
In the next few weeks, the negotiating team will thoroughly review a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) enumerating all contractual changes. We will then forward this MOU to all dues paying members for review. Additionally, the Union’s Negotiating Team will conduct multiple review sessions, and be available for questions.
Following this thorough review, we will ask the Elections Committee to conduct a ratification vote of the MOU.
It is our belief and hope that this review and ratification process can be accomplished within the next five-to-six weeks, so as to not get too deep into the summer months, and allowing the Institute sufficient time to update all necessary systems by September 1, 2016, the start date of this new CBA/Contract..
As you’ll recall, our two main focus-points for this negotiation cycle were: (1) Adjunct ‘Equity’, and (2) CCE / Librarian [Pay] ‘Parity’.
As such–while holding the line on all other past contractual gains–our focus was on how to make bold strides in such areas of equity and parity, while maintaining a continued record of robust percentage increases across-the-board for each year of the Contract.
(We have had 3% or or more each year for the last twelve-years. Should we ratify the MOU, we are looking at 3% or more for the next five years as well…)
- Five year Contract, across-the-board annual percentage increases as follows: 3% (’16-’17), 3% (’17-’18), 3% (’18-’19), 3.25% (19-’20), and 3.25% (’20-’21);
- Administration contributions to TIAA-CREF accounts as follows: 7%, 5%, 5%, 5%, and in the fifth year 7%;
- $25,000 Librarian Equity Fund (salary adjustments made prior to any annual percentage increase);
- $300,000 Adjunct & Adjunct w/CCE Equity FUnd (dispensed over two years: $150,000 in 2017 & $150,000 in 2018; contact hourly rate adjustments made prior to any annual percentage increase);
- Additional 2% increases on all CCE rates for year one and two (applied prior to any across-the-board % increase);
- Lowering the current 25% medical contribution rate for CCE Faculty to 15%!
It is the view of this Union and its negotiating team that effective collective bargaining requires that ALL faculty shall benefit! We are confident that when reviewed in full, by you, the voting membership, you will agree that this is great deal for us ALL!